J&K Khadi & Village Industries Board is a Statutory Board established under Act No: XVI of 1965 called as “J&K Khadi & Village Industries Board Act 1965” with the aim to encourage, organize, develop and regulate Khadi and Village Industries in the J&K State.
Sustainable development of Village and Traditional Industries by planning, promoting and organising Khadi, Village and Micro Industries Sector. Facilitate creation of employment opportunities for unemployed youth, artisans by helping them to establish their own village / micro industrial units.
- To make Khadi and Village Industries products competitive and customer savvy.
- To create and nurture an entrepreneurial ecosystem under micro and village industries sector in Jammu and Kashmir.
- To improve living index of artisans/workers falling under the purview of Khadi and Village Industries sector by empowering them and extending hand holding support.
- Employment Generation, through various schemes being implemented by J&K KVIB.
- Strengthen levels of efficiency through a commitment to quality.
- Social objective of creation of employment opportunities.
- Empowering artisans by producing customer-savvy products.
- To foster a strong rural community spirit by establishing a sustainable and dynamic village and traditional industries sector.
- To improve design and productivity of khadi and village industries sector.
- To provide marketing support to the khadi and village industrial artisans and workers.
- To promote environment friendly and sustainable development of village / micro industrial sector.
- To make use of locally available raw material and skills.
J&K KHADI & VILLAGE INDUSTRIES BOARD
5th Floor, Jawahar Lal Nehru Udyog Bhawan, Jammu-180004 ( Nov-April)
3rd Floor, Sanat Ghar, Bemina-Srinagar-190018 (May-October)
Phone: 0194-2493575, 0194- 2493583
Email: [email protected]